I used to travel with my DJ Headphones the Pioneer HDJ-2000 Black. But that was before I started really really frequently traveling.
Of course I had seen the ubiquitous Bose QuietComfort cans on every other business man and woman on the plane but I held out for the Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones.
Primarily, because I’m an Apple centric consumer of popular electronic devices (It’s okay, you can call an Apple fanboi) so obviously I was very excited about Apple purchasing Beats by Dre and churning out their offering of set og headphones designed to cancel out the constant rumble of for example the inside of an Airbus A321 cabin.
So I went ahead and ordered the Beats directly from the Apple Online Store in the beautiful Shadow Gray color on the World Release Day, September 27, 2017, with delivery at my home address on October 13, 2017.
I don’t have to tell you my life changed. Since then, the Beats have been on a total of 60 flights traveling 2.69 times around the world for a total of 107,855 km (see JetItUp screenshot below. And still looking pristine. Highly recommended for any traveler on any aircraft (although I broke the Zipper on the Beats Carrying Case on an Iberia ATR-72 flight from Melilla, Northern Africa to Madrid (see photo below)).
• Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling (Pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
• Real time audio calibration preserves a premium listening experience
• Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full featured all day wireless playback
• Apple W1 chip for Class 1 Wireless Bluetooth®connectivity & battery efficiency
• With Fast Fuel, a 10-minute charge gives 3 hours of play when battery is low
• Pure ANC off for low power mode provides up to 40 hours of battery life
• Take calls, control music, and activate Siri with multifunction on ear controls
• Soft over ear cushions for extended comfort and added noise isolation